Served this for Christmas dinner and it was a hit! I used Splenda instead of sugar.
- 6 Sweet potato, cubed
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed Splenda brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover. Cook over medium high heat until tender; drain and mash.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, white sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Transfer to a baking dish.
- In medium bowl, mix the brown sugar and flour. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse. Stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until the topping is lightly brown.